If my wife dies and I remarry do in-laws remain in-laws and stepson remain stepson

Metairie, LA |

I still refer to them as in-laws and stepson but I have been told I'm wrong.

1. You should consult with an attorney, licensed in your jurisdiction, who is experienced in handling matters in this area of law. A skilled attorney in your jurisdiction will know which questions to ask you about your situation in order to assist you with making an appropriate determination regarding your situation.

This is not legal advice. This response is provided for general information only, as a public service. It is not to be relied upon as legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship; nor is it an attempt to create an attorney/client relationship. Consult with local counsel in your jurisdiction about the specifics of your case, which is the only way to gain true meaningful legal guidance and/or representation.

2. Not sure there's a legal answer to this. Technically the answer would be no because what made that relationship name no longer exists. Former is probably a way to introduce them but that doesn't mean you can't maintain a good relationship with them.

Attorneys on Avvo donate their time and your feedback is appreciated. Be sure to mark the "Best Answer" or Helpful" to your questions.

3. Again, this technically isn't a legal issue.

Don't forget to check "Helpful" if I helped you out. This response is not intended to create an attorney client relationship and is based on the limited information available at the time of the response. Before acting on anything stated or referenced in this response you should consult with an attorney of your choosing and go over the specific details of your legal circumstances. My responses are also given in the context of the laws of the State of Louisiana. To the extent this comment involves principles of law governed by another state my comment merely reflects my opinion and should not be considered legal advice.