If my wife dies and I remarry do in-laws remain in-laws and stepson remain stepson

Asked about 1 year ago - Metairie, LA

I still refer to them as in-laws and stepson but I have been told I'm wrong.

1. Craig Bernard Mitchell

1

Answered . Again, this technically isn't a legal issue.

2. Lee Alan Thompson

1

Answered . Not sure there's a legal answer to this. Technically the answer would be no because what made that relationship name no longer exists. Former is probably a way to introduce them but that doesn't mean you can't maintain a good relationship with them.

3. Edward Brandon Beckham

Answered . You should consult with an attorney, licensed in your jurisdiction, who is experienced in handling matters in this area of law. A skilled attorney in your jurisdiction will know which questions to ask you about your situation in order to assist you with making an appropriate determination regarding your situation.