If my speeding ticket is marked by police "No Court Appearance Required"

Asked over 1 year ago - Downers Grove, IL

and individual bond amount $120
I can't court appearance required right ?

1. Judy A. Goldstein

1

1

Answered . You have the option of not appearing in court but be careful. This could result in your receiving a conviction which could have been avoided. Read your citation carefully. Consult with a traffic attorney if you are unsure. Sometimes spending a couple dollars more to hire counsel will result in a better driving record for you, which is worth more in the long run.

2. Ted Harvatin

Pro

1

1

Answered . Some tickets are mandatory court appearance. In other words you can't just sign the ticket and send in your payment. That does not apply to you.

3. Brandon Kenneth Davis

Pro

1

1

Answered . As my colleagues have explained, you have the option of requesting a court date but you also have the option of mailing in payment. It is usually recommended that you appear in court to increase the likelihood of keeping the offense off of your record. Speak to an attorney to discuss your driving history and the circumstances surrounding your ticket. Many of us offer free consultations. More information on traffic tickets is available at the links below.

4. Jeffrey Allen Fagan

Answered . It means they are allowing you the "opportunity" of pleading guilty and sending them your money without having to go to court. This may result in damaging your driving record and taking a conviction.
    I recommend speaking to a traffic attorney about the ticket to see what the effect of that may be. Most of us that handle traffic regularly offer free consultations.
    You may only have so many convictions in a given time period before the SOS will suspend your driving privileges.
    For more information, please click this link: http://www.ffdlawyers.com/