If my speeding ticket is marked by police "No Court Appearance Required"

Downers Grove, IL |

and individual bond amount $120
I can't court appearance required right ?

You have the option of not appearing in court but be careful. This could result in your receiving a conviction which could have been avoided. Read your citation carefully. Consult with a traffic attorney if you are unsure. Sometimes spending a couple dollars more to hire counsel will result in a better driving record for you, which is worth more in the long run.

Thanks you Judy

Judy A. Goldstein

Judy A. Goldstein

You are welcome.

Some tickets are mandatory court appearance. In other words you can't just sign the ticket and send in your payment. That does not apply to you.

Maybe can I go to police office and talk about I want court appearance required is't likelihood right?

It means they are allowing you the "opportunity" of pleading guilty and sending them your money without having to go to court. This may result in damaging your driving record and taking a conviction.
I recommend speaking to a traffic attorney about the ticket to see what the effect of that may be. Most of us that handle traffic regularly offer free consultations.
You may only have so many convictions in a given time period before the SOS will suspend your driving privileges.
For more information, please click this link: http://www.ffdlawyers.com/

As my colleagues have explained, you have the option of requesting a court date but you also have the option of mailing in payment. It is usually recommended that you appear in court to increase the likelihood of keeping the offense off of your record. Speak to an attorney to discuss your driving history and the circumstances surrounding your ticket. Many of us offer free consultations. More information on traffic tickets is available at the links below.

The information contained in this answer is offered for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute legal advice, attorney advertising, or establish an attorney-client relationship. Individuals with questions in any area of the law should consult a qualified attorney licensed to practice in that individual's jurisdiction.

Michael David Elkin

Michael David Elkin

A well established traffic attorney can easily avoid a conviction, if you abstract (driving record is ok) or even perhaps have the violation dismissed. Always opt for court even if you don't want to hire a lawyer, as the police officer may not show up or the judge is feeling good that day, or even the prosecutor. Sometimes police officers honestly don't remember the scenario. Prosecutors always ask the police officer if he or she remembers the factual basis as to why they wrote you a citation.

Traffic tickets topics