If my soon to be X has ignored three signed court orders to provide Discovery, and I have been granted a Motion for Contempt,

Holiday, FL |
Filed under: Discovery

can he be sanctioned? Jail time? Can I be allowed my Legal Fees? How often in Florida courts is contempt for non compliant of Discovery tolerated? We've had three Case Management Conferences and Discovery was due over a year ago. He has an attorney and I can't afford one because he took all of my money and I'm disabled. I want my money back, however I can't even get him to provide his financial information. How serious is this after three written, signed court orders to provide Discovery??? Thank you.

1. Have you tried legal aid in your state--you MAY qualify for free legal assistance.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.