If my soon to be X has ignored three signed court orders to provide Discovery, and I have been granted a Motion for Contempt,

Asked over 1 year ago - Holiday, FL

can he be sanctioned? Jail time? Can I be allowed my Legal Fees? How often in Florida courts is contempt for non compliant of Discovery tolerated? We've had three Case Management Conferences and Discovery was due over a year ago. He has an attorney and I can't afford one because he took all of my money and I'm disabled. I want my money back, however I can't even get him to provide his financial information. How serious is this after three written, signed court orders to provide Discovery??? Thank you.

1. Rixon Charles Rafter III

Answered . Have you tried legal aid in your state--you MAY qualify for free legal assistance.