Skip to main content

If my sons father doesn't have a car seat can I refuse to give him to him?

California City, CA |

We have court documents stating this is his weekend, but he doesn't have a car seat or a bed for my son to sleep in. My son is 18 months.

Attorney Answers 1


If he does not have the proper car seats do not give him the child, call the police and they will inform him of what he has to do. Also does he have insurance to drive his car?

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced since 1974. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. These answers do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend I believe in telling the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ.. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are preparation of court documents it is , less expensive. However generally I believe an attorney is better than none, but many will offer a free consultation and a face to face meeting generally will be better, I like my clients to write a short one page history of the fact and questions they have prior to meeting with them, so nothing is forgotten.

Mark as helpful

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics