If my son drive my car without license and the car still under finance and its being hold for 30days can I get it out before tha

Asked 11 months ago - San Pablo, CA

can I get it out before the 30 days

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Andrew Stephen Roberts


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Contact Watch Commander of police agency that impounded car. They may give you release slip.

    Andrew Roberts (818) 597-0633/ (805) 496-7777
  2. Anthony Michael Solis


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . The Police are permitted to hold the car for all 30 days.

    No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT... more
  3. Sholeh Iravantchi

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . They can hold it for that time but you can contact them to see if you can get it released.

  4. Daniel C Grupenhagen

    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . If it's registered to you and your license is valid, there's a good chance they will release it to you.

    Contributions on AVVO.com in no way create an attorney-client relationship nor are they intended to be relied upon... more
Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Instant span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now