If my school delays my graduation by a year can I recoup that years lost income?

Asked 10 months ago - New York, NY

My school screwed up a grade for a class that was a required and refused to let me move on in my program, they later fixed the problem but the damage was done cause the classes i needed only happen once a year. This action (alone) caused my graduation to be delayed by a year, I was otherwise in good standing and on time. is there any cases where students can recoup the lost income and additional interest on student loans which occurred as a result?

1. Alexis Riley

Answered . Colleges are able to change their graduation requirements and program requirements as they see fit. They are able to make a determination on whether you can move on in you program as well. You could consult a local education or personal injury attorney to discuss possible options.

Good Luck!

2. Marco Caviglia

Pro

Answered . You can try, but assuming you show liability, you must show your damages. Your income would be speculative and you will not be awarded damages on speculative damages. Consult a local PI attorney.