If my sb-1 visa got denied will i be able to apply for student visa?my husband is a green card holder there.if not what visas?

Asked about 1 year ago - Edison, NJ

hi iam going for sb-1 visa.but now iam in india for 5 and half years.i got my greencard in 2012.my husband also on greencard from lastyear only.
1.if my sb-1 got denied is there possibility that i could apply for student visa or any training visa
2.my distant relative was in usa and they were citizens there .is there any possibility that they could support me?if possible what kind of visa would i get?
3.my relatives daughter runs a beauty parlour there .could i get a training visa for this purpose
4.as my relatives were there could i get a visiting visa?
5i had a masters degree in microbiology if i had to apply for h1 b visa when should i apply.i heard thatb they are open from october.is it true?
6.my brothers friends works there with h1 visa could they help me in providing any other vis

1. Juan Paolo Pasia Sarmiento

2

Answered . 1. Yes, you can apply for a non-immigrant visa. Note that it is very hard to get an approval if you had a green card before and it was revoked.

2. They can support you while you're here (sponsors for the F-1 for example), but if your question was about whether they can petition you, then no they can't. Only a parent (lpr / usc), usc brother / sister, and usc son / daughter over 21, and employer can.

3. Depends what position and type of non-immigrant or immigrant visa you wish to apply for.

4. You can apply for it, but it's hard for applicants to get approved with a recent revoked green card. Especially since you only got it in 2012.

5. April 1. The quota for this year is closed. So unless the company is cap-exempt, you'd have to wait til April 1, 2014.

6. Depends.

JP Sarmiento
    FREE CONSULTATIONS
    (216) 573-3712
    jp@sarmientoimmigration.com
    www.sarmientoimmigration.com

2. William John Vandenberg

Pro

2

Answered . Hi,

If you only got your green card last year, why would you ever file an sb-1? SB is typically only in extreme overstay cases, most often when the green card has expired.

You need to reach out to me or another good lawyer and get good advice, before you waste your time and money.

Sincerely,

John

3. Eric M. Mark

Pro

2

Answered . If your green card is revoked and your lpr spouse is in the us it is almost certain you will not be any no immigrant visa. You option would be for your spouse to petition for you again and you'd have to wait for a visa to become available. If you got your green card in 2012 you are going to need some strong evidence for an sb1. They are not easily granted. If you are pursuing this without an immigration lawyer (one in the us not a consultant in India) you are being foolish.

4. Jeffrey Adam Devore

Pro

2

Answered . The odds of you getting a nonimmigrant visa that has a foreign residence requirement after being refused an SB-1 visa are slim to none. However, I would question if you really need an SB-1 visa to begin with. According to your facts you received your green card in 2012 so the most you could have possibly been out of the U.S. is slightly less than 18 months. While being out more than a year can be indicative of abandonment of residence, it is a rebuattable presumption. However, you also state you have been in India for 5.5 years so something is amiss. I suggest you consult with an experienced immigration attorney before taking any action.