If my parter and I merry ,we are same sex,how do we go about getting his visa,for him to be a legal US sitasin

Asked over 1 year ago - Albuquerque, NM

He has his passport.but we want to live here in the us,,I own my own home and lived in the same place all my life.we need a visa how can start that before his time runs out.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

4

Answered . You cannot. The Federal law as it stands now, does no provide any immigraiton benefits to same sex couples. You might consider another country for that or wait until the law changes.

2. Miroslava Orduno Rincon

2

1

Answered . Time hasn't really run out, it is JUST starting out in light of the DOMA ruling this morning.

I would encourage you to visit: http://www.domaproject.org/

They will have a webcast today at 3:00 PM where they will provide an analysis of the ruling and answer questions for binational same-sex couples.

Congratulations!

3. Stephen D. Berman

2

Answered . It remains to be seen, and it will depend on the laws of the place where you live, the place where you get married, etc., to determine if the marriage is valid for immigration purposes.