Skip to main content

If My parents have USA permanent residency card, can they filed immigration petition for me. I am married person of 31 year age.

Phoenix, AZ |

If not than how they can apply for me for immigration? As i am the only son of my parents so they need me.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. no, not until they become U.S. citizens or your get divorced.

    Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
    Concentrating in Immigration Law

    2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
    San Diego, CA 92108 | (619) 299-9600
    Fax: (619) 923-3277

    Former Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
    University of Illinois College of Law

  2. No. Only US citizens can petition married children.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

  3. Unfortunately, No. Only citizens can petition for married children. Also, currently it will take more than 10 years from the time a U.S. citizen files for a married son/daughter for that son/daughter to get a permanent resident visa.

Education law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics