If my oldest son in Texas alleges that he saw me hitting my new wife in Colorado will I be investigated.

Colorado Springs, CO |

who will have jurisdiction ? my wife says it never happened. My kids say it never happened. What can happen to me. I was previously charged with domestic violence but the case was dropped.

Colorado, where the alleged domestic violence occurred has jurisdiction. Obviously, your wife is the best judge of whether you assaulted her or not. I am not sure how old your kids are. Children under 10 are not even viewed to be competent to testify under CO law unless the judge makes certain findings. Obviously, law enforcement will likely investigate an allegation of a crime, especially if it came from your oldest son (who we do not know if he is an adult or not). However, the police must make a finding that there is sufficient probable cause to charge you.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in his legal services, feel free to call Chris at (303) 409-7635 at his law office in the Denver Tech Center. All initial consultations are free of charge.

2. Agree Mr. Leroi and would say generally that it depends on how credible law enforcement finds your son. It may turn on whether there is evidence corroborating/supporting his account of events. Keep in mind that the fact that you are charged does not mean that you are guilty, but if it happens, you should hire counsel right away.

DISCLAIMER: This above communication is for general informational purposes only. It does NOT constitute legal advice and SHOULD NOT be used or relied upon as such. Moreover, the above communication does not create an attorney-client relationship between Boal Law Firm and/or Attorney Brian Boal and any other person or entity. Legal representation by Boal Law Firm and/or Attorney Brian Boal is available but shall be set forth specifically in a separate written fee agreement signed by the parties.

3. It sounds like this Is a very low risk to you. Colorado is where the alleged offense occurred.

4. It sounds like this Is a very low risk to you. Colorado is where the alleged offense occurred.

Child custody topics