If my name was listed on a search engine as a sex offender, right beside my full name, and on a news story that was incorrect ..

Asked 10 months ago - Jackson, TN

Do I have an option to sue for defamation of character, the search engine was BING, and yahoo. Can i sue for defamation of character against a search engine for showing my name as a sex offender. The source was also an affiliate of ABC.

1. Andrew Michael Bonderud

1

1

Best Answer

Answered . This is a tough case but it's worth seeking a personalized attorney consultation.

2. Kevin Rindler Madison

Pro

3

Answered . As Mr. Pascale stated you may be unlucky to share the same name as an offender. Many people have the same name. I always think it is wise to visit with an attorney who specializes in sexual harassment cases and discuss these matters in detail and get legal advice as what would be your best course of action. An attorney can give you an opinion as to whether you have a viable claim, and what procedural steps you should take. Many attorneys handle these cases on a contingency percentage fee, taking a percentage of the recovery. There are no hourly fees and most attorneys do not charge anything for an initial appointment to discuss your case. I would suggest that you begin your search for an attorney on this Avvo website. Good luck!

3. Brian C. Pascale

Pro

2

Answered . Is your name so unusual that there is no one else in the world with it? The person listed may have been a sex offender and you are unlucky enough to have the same same name.