If my name and address was spelled wrong a speeding ticket do I still have to pay it?

Asked about 5 years ago - Harrisburg, PA

I am a resident of New Jersey and the ticket was given in Pennsylvania and the cop said as long as I pay it quickly I will not get a ticket is that true?

1. John M. Kaman

Pro

Answered . You already have a ticket so I don't know what the cop could possibly have meant. Asto your title question typographical errors on your ticket will not invalidate it, especially if they can be corrected in court by the issuing officer.

2. Jason Y. Chan

Answered . Paying the ticket will not prevent future tickets.

Attorney Jason Chan
    77 Franklin Street, FL3
    Boston, MA 02110
    617-556-8220
    website: www.attorneychan.com
    blog: http://attorneychan.wordpress.com/
    twitter: http://twitter.com/AttorneyChan

disclaimer: I am not licensed to practice law in your state. Please be aware that this is for informational purposes only.

3. Alan James Brinkmeier

Answered . Negotiating a good resolution given the circumstances of your case will take an attorney familiar with the policies and procedures of the court where the matter is pending.

It may be worth your while to consult with a traffic attorney familiar with the judges and practices in the court where you received the ticket to explore your options.

Check with a lawyer in your locale to discuss more of the details.

Good luck to you.

God bless.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the out-of-state lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an attorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.