If my license Pa is suspended, will I lose auto insurance?

Asked over 1 year ago - Allentown, PA

I am the policy holder and have listed an additional driver. Will my insurance be cancelled. My concern lies more in having my car towed if my insurance cancels and I have no insurance for my registration which I need to even have my vehicle parked in the street. What are my options so I don't lose my vehicle while under suspension?

1. Stewart C Crawford Jr.

3

1

Answered . You can insure a car that you own, even if you don’t have a driver’s license. In fact, you are obligated to maintain liability coverage, even if you aren’t using it.

Stew Crawford, Jr., Esq.

Crawford Law Firm
    A Full Service Law Firm Serving Pennsylvania & New Jersey

Philadelphia Area Office
    223 North Monroe Street
    Media, Pennsylvania 19063
    877-992-6311
    www.crawfordlaw.org

E-Mail: automobile@subrolaw.us

2. Alan Jay Dion

2

Answered . No. As long as you have no accidents, driving on a suspended license, your insurer still insures you and the car to the end of the policy term. When the policy is up for renewal, you will be sent whatever your insurance company requires of you. Just be honest on any forms which ask questions. Work on getting your license back and pay your premiums. you will be fine.

3. David B Pittman

Pro

2

Answered . I don't see your insurance dropping you, but do not drive on the suspended license.