If my license is suspended in Illinois can I get a drivers license in Texas?

Asked over 2 years ago - Wyoming, IL

If I got an underage consumption in Illinois and I've already paid all my fees and I'm on court supervision for 6 mos, can I be issued a valid drivers license in Texas when I move there?

1. Ted Harvatin

Pro

1

Answered . Disregard the response from the lawyer not licensed in IL or Texas. Supervision is not a conviction. However your license will be suspended for three months under 625 ilcs 5/6-206 a43. Pay the reinstatement fee when the suspension is over and you should be good to go.

2. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

1

Answered . Since Texas is a compact state its Secretary of State in Texas will eventually receive a notice of suspension from the Secretary of state of Illinois you will be suspended there as well.
    For a more comprehensive review, please review the table of the U.S. States shat share that information below:
    http://www.1800duilaws.com/dui-info/drivers-lic...
    The right way is to retain a good traffic attorney in Illinois to reinstate your privileges.

3. Benjamin J Lieberman

1

Answered . When you apply for a drivers license in Texas they will ask you you if you license is suspended anywhere else. If you lie and get caught that's a criminal offense. If you tell them the truth it isn't likely that Texas would give you a license and certainly not unles and until you clear up the Illinois issues.