If my license is revoked by the state of MN for DUI, am I able to legally drive in any other state during my revocation?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Minneapolis, MN

I've read that there are a few states that don't share DUI or other driving record information, does that mean it's possible to drive in those states while my license is revoked elsewhere?

1. Andrew M. Leone

9

Answered . The short answer is no. if your MN license is not valid in MN, it is not valid anywhere.

2. Max Allen Keller

Pro

5

Answered . No, assuming you had a Minnesota DL when you got a DWI in Minn. The best way to solve this problem is to fight the DWI and the companion civil DL implied consent case, and win both.

3. Ted Harvatin

Pro

5

Answered . No, because every state requires you to have a valid license to drive in that state. If you were pulled over, it has nothing to do with sharing DUI information (which by the way is largely a fiction). it has to do with, they run a license check, you come back revoked in MN. you are guilty of driving without a valid license issued by the arresting state or any other state.

4. Charles K. Kenyon Jr.

2

Answered . If your license is a Minnesota license, then the answer is you have no driving privileges anywhere until Minnesota restores your privileges. If you move to a different state it is up to that state to decide whether to give you a new license.

If you were a Wisconsin or North Dakota resident, for example, and your license was revoked by Minnesota, that revocation would only apply in Minnesota, until your home state took action.