If my license are suspended at the ALS hearing, will I be given something to drive on & how long will they be suspended?

Asked almost 3 years ago - Lawrenceville, GA

I was pulled over because I didnt have my lights on when I pulled out of the parking lot. Failed test. Blew .09. This is my 1st offense. I am pleading guilty because I dont have money for an attorney. If i lose my license at the ALS hearing, can I drive at all?

1. Evan A. Watson

Pro

2

Answered . On a first lifetime DUI, if you took the test (breath, blood, etc) and are suspended at the ALS hearing, you are eligible for a limited permit that can be obtained at the DDS headquarters in Conyers, Georgia. Once you pay the reinstatement fee, allow 30 days to pass,and complete the Risk Reduction Program (DUI School), you are eligible to reinstate your license early (before the 12 months is up).

This does not affect your criminal case.

2. Jessica Ruth Towne

Pro

Answered . While I agree with Evan Watson, it also depends on any license suspension you may have had in the past. You should contact the Department of Driver Services to clarify what effect an administrative license suspension will have in your case.