If my license are revoked in North Carolina can I get my driver license in the state of New York

Rochester, NY |

For not paying a speeding ticket

Need to be honest when applying to NYS DMV. NC driving privileges are suspended until you resolve your problem there.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.

New York DMV may ask you to provide your driver's abstract from NC or may run the report themselves. In addition, even if you manage to get your license here in New York it is typically only a matter of time before the out of state suspension catches up with you. Contact a NC traffic attorney to help you clear up the matter or pay the fine so you don't have to worry about it.

This communication is neither a solicitation nor an offer to represent you. The information provided to you in this communication is not intended to create and does not create a lawyer-client relationship with the Law Office of Daniel A. Jimenez P.C.

No... Since 2010 the is a national database and ifnyour licensenwas revoked in NC then NY DMV will see it when you walk in seeking a license. You will havento clean up whatever problem you have in NC to be clear for getting a NY license.

My answer is not intended to be giving legal advice and this topic can be a complex area where the advice of a licensed attorney in your State should be obtained. Please click "helpful" or "best answer" if my answer added any value or add a "comment" if you have more info for me to help you get a better answer.