If my license are revoked in North Carolina can I get my driver license in the state of New York

Asked about 1 year ago - Rochester, NY

For not paying a speeding ticket

1. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

2

Answered . Need to be honest when applying to NYS DMV. NC driving privileges are suspended until you resolve your problem there.

2. Daniel Alexander Jimenez

Answered . New York DMV may ask you to provide your driver's abstract from NC or may run the report themselves. In addition, even if you manage to get your license here in New York it is typically only a matter of time before the out of state suspension catches up with you. Contact a NC traffic attorney to help you clear up the matter or pay the fine so you don't have to worry about it.

3. John P Corrigan

Answered . No... Since 2010 the is a national database and ifnyour licensenwas revoked in NC then NY DMV will see it when you walk in seeking a license. You will havento clean up whatever problem you have in NC to be clear for getting a NY license.