If my landlord didnt use the right last name on lease is it legal

Newport News, VA |
Filed under: Landlord-tenant law

my landlord has different name from my lease is it legal also are they allowed to come to your house at 5:54 am to your house

1. If there was a spelling error no problem. If he doesnt own or manage the property, problem. Shouldn't come that early except emergency.

2. I agree with the advice given to you by the other attorney with regards to the Landlord’s name.
    With regard to whether the landlord can enter your property at such an early hour, it would have to be under very strict and special circumstances; otherwise he would be in violation of the lease’s “covenant of quiet enjoyment”

Covenant of Quiet Enjoyment

Typically this is a promise, that you have the right to use the property without interference from the landlord. This promise is typically spelled out in your lease, however if it is not expressly written, it is always implied in every lease.

If you are having problems with your landlord, you should consult with an attorney to explain your rights under the lease. After that consultation, you will be able to decide in what direction you wish to go.

Good Luck and if you need further information, feel free to contact me.

Sam Mansoor, Attorney
    Mansoor Law Firm, PLLC
    50 Catoctin Circle NE #301
    Leesburg, VA 20176
    (703) 404-7733

Disclaimer: the hiring of a lawyer is an important decision & should not be based solely upon advertisements. This site presents general information & is not intended as legal advice. Accessing this page, & any interior pages, is a request for information. That notwithstanding, nothing on these pages, or on any pages linked to these pages, shall be construed as legal advice, nor shall anything on these pages by itself operate to create an attorney/client relationship. An attorney/client relationship cannot be created before the firm has accepted the representation. Acceptance cannot occur before the firm engages you with services & runs a conflict check & you have been notified that you are a client of the law office by email or other written means. Please do not make legal decisions without first having a direct one on one consultation with a Virginia Attorney or an Attorney in your area that knows the relevant facts of your case. www.loudounlawyer.com & www.theprincewilliamlawyer.com

Landlord-tenant law topics