If my kids don't want to go to their dads any more for visitation what can i do?

Asked over 5 years ago - Sparta, TN

My kids are fighting with me because they don't want to go to their dad, he drinks and does drugs and doesnt have beds or a bedroom for them to stay in. He doesnt get them clothes that fit, and when i send clothes he sends my kids back home with clothes that are 2 small, they don't take showers or brush their teeth while they are there and they make my girls watch his younger kids, my oldest being 13, 12, and 10. Their father is abusive to his wife and abusive to his parents in front of the kids. My kids have never told me he has ever tried to hit them or anything but they are somewhat afraid seeing what he does to his wife and his parents.

1. Janice Miles

Answered . The red flags I see here are drugs, alcohol, and family violence. These are all issues which, when present, a judge will consider limiting parental visitation. A parent who displays these behaviors in front of children may have child visitation halted or only be eligible for supervised visitation.