If my inssurance company or agency apparently was gone or dissapear, should I have to assume for it if the other party suing me?

Miami, FL |

I had a car accident (first in my life) in june 2009, I paid my traffic ticket because I didn t see a non left turn and other car crash mine, 2 years later in may 28 STATE FARM CAR INSSURANCE sue me alleguing that they couldn t get same reimbursment amount $, of 12 500.00, which they have decided to pay to her insured(other accident party), Apparently what happened was that my car inssurance agency was gone or dissapear in time between I paid them and 2010, ( I have my inss card provided by them and receipt of payment, in spite that I have send explicit certifify mail letters to STATE FARM, they dont care and they dont wanna understand reasons that it has not been my fault if I paid for my car inssurance and due that the agency was gone, they couldn.t obtain back their reimbursment.

It sounds like State Farm is suing you for subrogation, i.e. to recover what they paid their insurance policy holder. If you had insurance, you need to put them on notice of the claim. Your insurance carrier must defend you. If your insurance carrier went out of business (the actual insurance company not the agency that sold you the policy) contact the State Dept. of Insurance (it's called the Dept. of Financial Services) to find out who the insurer of last resort is (usually but not always FIGA). If you need help with this seek out an attorney with experience dealing with insurance coverage.

The information on this website is provided as a service to the public. While the information on this site deals with legal issues, it does not constitute legal advice. If you have specific questions related to information available on this site, you are encouraged to consult an attorney who can investigate the particular circumstances of your situation. The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask for free written information about a lawyer’s qualifications and experience. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice and none of the information presented here is intended to create a lawyer/client relationship. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

2. You are saying that you had insurance when you got hit, is that right:: If so, then your insurance should have taken care of this bill. Please contact a PI attorney in your city to advice you and contact the insurance company. Best of luck.

This answer is provided by California Accident Attorney Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., 510-206-4492. Abogado de Accidentes de Autos de California: 510-206-4492. Abogado de Lesiones de Accidentes de Autos, provides answers of a general context. These answers are not intended to form an attorney client relationship. Oakland Abogado Accidentes Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Accidentes de carros, Abogado de accidentes de Peatones, practices in Antioch, Berkeley, Concord, Oakland, Hayward, Martinez, Newark, Richmond, San Francisco and San Rafael. El abogado de lesiones y heridos en accidentes de autos, is licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on car accidents, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes de Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Heridos en Accidentes de carros, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Abogado de Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, Abogado de Accidentes de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.

3. Get an attorney if they will not understand your position regarding your insurance coverage.

4. Can you clarify this post? If you had insurance on the date of the collision, and you cannot find the company, contact your State's Department of Insurance and they will help you out.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

5. Have a Miami car accident lawyer investigate this

6. If you are saying that the both the insurance company and the insurance agency where you purchased the insurance are gone you should contact The Department of Insurance. They will have complete records and will be able to assist you.

7. If your insurance company went out of business, there is a State of Florida agency, FIGA, that will cover the loss. But you need to make the claim. Have your lawyer do it.

This is a summary based on incomplete facts. You should not rely on it as legal advise. No attorney-client relationship is intended to be formed. You may call me 772-562-4570; email me vblawyer@bellsouth.net, or visit my website http://www.millerlawoffices.us

8. I suggest that you retain an attorney to go over the detailed facts of this matter. There may also be reason for you to contact the State attorney general's office, consumer fraud division and file a complaint regarding the agency.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.