If my illegaly entered fiance from el salvador came in the country later got a work permit and lost card or what ever the permit

Asked over 1 year ago - Brookline, MA

is printed on how can he get a new one or find out his imigratin status with out indangering himself to deportation , I cant understand him too well about immigrtaion issues but he does have a SS# and files his w-2 taxes every year here for 15 years lives in NY and marrying a us citizen from MASS. soon where is the better state to marry does it matter and is the church ceramony enough how does the whole marriage license work ? we are truly in love and are Cristians we want to marry and fix his immigration status so he would become a legal resident or and citizen eventualy , I really want to know about marrying step city hall or grab a marriage license and have Pastor marry us or one then other *** can both be done at same time whats valid for immigration at the end of day thanks

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

Answered . Amigo, you'll be much better off if you get yourself to spend some of your hard earned dollars and get yourself a real "abogado de inmigracciom" (make sure you see his/her license to practice law, though..)
    You are obviously very confused even with the simplest step, how to get married.. I can only imagine how you will do woth all the immigration related paperwork you'll have to fill out & submit. Any mistake or omission will have the effect of setting your case back for years and could even have the effect of getting you deported.. Consider spending some money on a real immigration lawyer an investment .. On your future in Norte America!

2. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

3

Answered . Step one to fixing this situation is to have a real, in-person consultation with a licensed immigration lawyer. There are many very good immigration lawyers in the Boston area.

3. Gintare Grigaite

2

Answered . You have many very valid questions, and this is exactly the reason people go to experienced immigration lawyers, so that they can get all of the proper answers. For that reason, I also recommend that you speak with an experienced immigration lawyer who will explain the entire process to you.