If my husband is ready to go back to work should he settle with workman's comp before going back?

Morrisville, VT |

My husband fell and broke his ankle and back in February, He needed surgery on his ankle and had a previous back injury anyway. He has a very physical job and it has taken him a long time to get better. He is ready to go back and his doctors are going to release him but he wants to know if he is supposed to settle on his case before going to work, he has (PPD) he will be leaving the medical piece of his case open.

1. Your husband should consult a local WC attorney prior to settlement any component of his claim.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate by clicking the up icon. Legal Disclaimer: Mr. Candiano is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Links: CJCandiano@CandianoLaw.com http://www.CandianoLaw.com

2. He should discuss with a local workers comp lawyer first

3. In most states you do not have to "settle". The insurance company will have to pay permanent disablity if applicable and then the case may just close. In some situations it is better not to "settle" so contact a local workers compensation atty for more information if needed.