If my husband has been mentally abusive tword my kids and me and physical abusive to me, can i get custody of my girls?

Asked about 2 years ago - Rochester, NY

he calls my 19 month old fat, punched her in the back of the head because he was trying to hit me. takes my phone so i cant call for help. punches stuff when the girls wake him up. pushed me up against the couch so it was pushing into my neck choking me and hit me in the back of the head and took the batterey out of my phone and when i tryed to go to the neighbors for help he pushed me back in the house and told me i wasnt going any where. tells me all the time if i cheat on him he will kill me and only get 3 years because hes in the army, he drinks everyday from as early as 11am til he goes to bed

1. Joseph A Lo Piccolo

2

Answered . Yes.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
    Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

2. Henry Lebensbaum

2

Answered . If you can convince the judge, then probably yes.

henry lebensbaum esq 300 Brickstone Sq Ste 201 andover, ma -- attorneylebensbaum@verizon.net (978) 749-3606.
    Criminal Law (all courts), Drunk Driving, Drugs, Violence, Sex Offenses, theft, SORB, Divorce Child Custody Alimony Child Support & Modification, Contempts & Paternity Juveniles Domestic Violence & Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury, Guardianship, Conservatorship & Estate Administration & Legal Malpractice. For these & other areas, contact me. Email sent may be copied intercepted or held by computers.

3. Calli Diane Baldwin

2

Answered . If you can prove it, then yes. But your primary concern should be getting you and your daughters out of that house. Contact your local domestic violence shelters or military family services, even just find a friend who will let you stay on the couch. It sounds like your husband is very unstable and your primary concern should be you and your children's safety.