If my husband got caught trying to cross the border in 2005. Would he qualify for the Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility?

Long Beach, CA |

when he got caught in 2005 he was fingerprinted and signed a voluntary deportation. he signed for 5 years and the 5 years have passed already.

Talk to an attorney.

File a FOIA and get a copy of the file.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Where can I file the FOIA?

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

You really should have a lawyer help you. Here is the form: http://www.uscis.gov/g-639

I agree with Mr. Capriotti. There are too many other unknown facts that can complicate this matter. It is unclear whether a ten year or indefinite ban on immigration is in effect based upon other unlawful actions, such as unlawful presence in the U. S. Good luck.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.

Have a local immigration lawyer file a FOIA and then examine the file with you.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Marriage and prenups topics