If my husband gets a inheritenc from his dad then buys a rental house in his name only does it become martial property if divor

Asked over 1 year ago - Vero Beach, FL

if my husband gets an inheritence from his dad then buys a rental house in his name only does it become marital propertyif we decide to divorce

1. Erskine Clark Rogers III

1

Answered . The house is not marital property, but any appreciation during the marriage maybe.

2. Heather Morcroft

Answered . Also, if you contribute anything to the rental property, that may give you an interest.

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******
  3. Betty Elaine Jones

Answered . The house is not marital property. Inheritance assets obtained are not considered martial assets unless in your case, he put your name on the title, or if he uses marital funds to repair the home, make improvements etc. Inherited property must be co-mingled in some way for it to become marital property. Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
    B. Elaine Jones, Esq.

4. David Bradley Dohner

Answered . It's nice that you are planning ahead and thinking about these considerations.

So often wom....I mean, er.....one gender of the two possible (sorry, hermaphrodites; you're too hard to calculate in this mix) just take everything without planning ahead and calculating coldly in advance.

Awesome