Skip to main content

If my husband get deported can he come back to the US .

North Hollywood, CA |

Will he be able to come back in the future or the deportation is for ever.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


It depends. if your husband has no criminal records, he may be able to come back in the future; but if he has criminal records, he would not be able to come back to the United States.
if your husband was ordered deported by the immigration judge and he has been in the country, illegally, for more than year, then he would have to stay outside of the U.S. for 10 years.

If you are a U.S. citizen and you want to file for him to come back, he may be able to come back through you if you petition for him. In this case, he would need to file for a waiver. The waiver is absed on the hardship to the United States Citizen. Good luck.

Hassan Elkhalil

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer