Skip to main content

If my husband doesn't work and we need his mother to support, she need to fill form I864 or I864A?

Orlando, FL |

And should we include my husband's mother in household member if she doesn't live with us?

Attorney Answers 4


Consult an attorney regarding filing the affidavit of support. It involves too much detail to be discussed based on the facts you provided.

Mark as helpful

9 lawyers agree


1. I-864
2. No
3. Obtain assistance from an immigration attorney


Mark as helpful

7 lawyers agree


IF she does not live with you, no need to include her as a household member. She needs to file I864

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Mark as helpful

6 lawyers agree


Yes. I-864 and the same financial documents as the promary sponsor.
A household member is someone that lives in the same household as you.

Mark as helpful

5 lawyers agree

Marriage and prenups topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics