If my husband cheated on me, will that help in getting alimony if i file for a divorce

Cambridge, MA |

He didn't actually have sex, but I know he went on two dates?

I am sorry to hear this, yes, it might help, 'conduct of the parties' is one of the factors the courts consider. Many other factors are important such as length of the marriage, station of the parties and incomes. The new alimony reform act will come into law and is actually being adopted by many judges now before its formal enactment in March. I would sit with a local attny and make some decisions. take care.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.

2. I agree with Mr. Lewis.

This attorney can be contacted via email at kcaldwell@caldwellakin.com or via phone at 817.305.7170. The above answer does not constitute, and should not be construed as, legal advice.

3. How do you know he only went on two dates and that sex wasn't involved? A judge will look at factors such as this as part of the determination but from the information provided it is hard to properly answer. If you make the same or more money than your spouse, then no. If you have significantly less income it certainly may. Speak with an experienced family attorney in your area to discus the particulars of your matter and see what steps would be most advantageous for you.

This information provided is in the nature of general information and in no way creates an attorney client relationship with anyone including the individual who posted the question.

4. No.

henry lebensbaum esq 300 Brickstone Sq Ste 201 andover, ma -- attorneylebensbaum@verizon.net (978) 749-3606.
    Criminal Law (all courts), Drunk Driving, Drugs, Violence, Sex Offenses, theft, SORB, Divorce Child Custody Alimony Child Support & Modification, Contempts & Paternity Juveniles Domestic Violence & Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury, Guardianship, Conservatorship & Estate Administration & Legal Malpractice. For these & other areas, contact me. Email sent may be copied intercepted or held by computers.

Criminal Law (all misdemeanor & felonies in District and Superior Courts), Drunk Driving and Drug arrests, Sex Offenses, SORB, Crimes involving Violence or Theft, Domestic (Divorce, Child Custody, Alimony and Child Support) and Family Law (Modification, Contempts & Paternity), Juvenile Law, Domestic Violence and Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury claims, Probate Law (Guardianships, Conservatorships & Estate Administration) and Legal Malpractice. For these and other areas, contact me. NOTE: This preceding message DOES NOT create an attorney-client relationship. It is not a protected or confidential communication. The statements made herein are not to be interpreted as representations or warranties of any kind. No reliance should be placed on the statements made herein. It is recommended that the recipient(s) should undertake their own research to reach their own opinion. The writer does not accept professional responsibility on this matter. TO CREATE an attorney-client relationship REQUIRES a signed retainer/fee agreement along with a retainer fee that must be received by my office.