If my house is condemned by mold issue would my insurance pay off my mortgage? if it sayson my dec page 5,000 limited fungi?

Asked about 4 years ago - San Antonio, TX

My laundry room got flooded about a year ago with bad storm we noticed wall warped a couple of weeks ago my insurance said that water from outside source is not covered, what about the mold from it i heard they condem houses for black mold which i have so now im scared if my house is condemned will my ins pay for it? bc it stipulates limited Fungi coverage up to 5,000

1. Teri A. Walter

Answered . It sounds like you have only $5000 in coverage from mold damage. Check with your agent to make sure you are reading the policy limits correctly. I know that most companies have started limiting coverage for mold issues, since it can be expensive to remediate.

Most mold is not deadly, and there are lots of kinds of mold that is black in color but is not deadly. If you have mold, you may need to have it tested to find out the best way to eliminate it.