Skip to main content

If my home goes into forclosure and they sell the property and it sells for less tnan i owe will they come after me for the bala

Hudson, FL |

mobile home bought for my brother and he passed away. i rented the property just to cover the mortgage they abandon the property . mortgage balance $28,700 probert and mobile home worth about $10,000

Attorney Answers 4

  1. Yes, especially if the property is an investment property used for rental, and not your homestead. Consult with a foreclosure defense attorney to see if this can be avoided.

    ** LEGAL DISCLAIMER ** This response above is not legal advice and it does not establish an attorney-client relationship. When responding to questions posted on Avvo, a general purpose response based on Florida law is provided. All relevant background details or facts related to your issue / matter is not available. Therefore, I am not in a position to give you legal advice. Further, the review, use of, or reliance upon my response does not establish an attorney-client relationship. For specific advice regarding your particular circumstances, you should consult and retain local counsel. Karen Munzer, PLLC,, E-Mail: , Tel: (786) 501-6655

  2. Two florida Attorneys agree, that is no mean feat. They are probably correct. I can not comment more as I am in California and the laws vary from state to state.

    My name is Stephen R. Cohen and I have practiced over 38 years and can be reached at 213-819-1171. I practiced mainly in Los Angeles and Orange County, California. I am not seeking clients from existing relationships with other attorneys, and give only limited advise over the phone (the phone is primarily used to set appointments), these services do not create an attorney client relationship. I apologize for mispelling< as I am a lousy typist, My answers may offend as I do not believe in pulling punches or sugar coating the truth. Further regarding courts in other states my opinions are largely based on logic and what I think is the modern trend which is to consider the needs of the child.

  3. An important aspect to obtaining the bank's agreement to not pursue you for a deficiency is to contest the foreclosure lawsuit. See this post from my web page discussing deficiency judgments:

    I am located near you in Tarpon Springs, FL. Please do not hesitate to call me to discuss your case.