If my granddaughter is in a PRTF, how can i get her out?

Asked over 2 years ago - Wichita, KS

she has been in a PRTF for almost 3 1/2 years, her and I really want her home soon .

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Ronald W. Nelson

    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . You don't provide enough information for anyone to answer your question. Why is your granddaughter in PRTF (Psychiatric Residential Treatment Center)? What involvement do her parents have with her? What are her doctors' recommendations? What is her condition? What is the prognosis? What do her other providers recommend? Is there an ongoing court case pending? If so, what has the judge previously ordered? Does she have an attorney? Do you have an attorney?

    The answers to all these questions are important in deciding how, when, and under what circumstances she can be released from PRTF and what can be your involvement.

    This response does not constitute legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. I am licensed... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,707 answers this week

3,173 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,707 answers this week

3,173 attorneys answering