If my friend was caught cultivating psychedelic mushrooms in Ca and also had dried shrooms from grow is he going to prison?

Asked 6 months ago - Placerville, CA

My friend got caught growing mushrooms and also weed but he has a script for his weed. They took his plants but found his mushroom lab and dried shrooms. Is he in a lot of trouble? He is a good guy keeps to himself,works has a family pays taxs but we're afraid there going to send him to prison. He had a couple lbs of weed and a couple lbs of shrooms. No cash just his bank accounts. Is he going to be warehoused with all these hard core prisoners?

1. Michael Kevin Cernyar

Pro

2

Answered . Very likely. A great deal will depend on all of the facts and his attorney. Good luck.

2. Andrew Stephen Roberts

Pro

2

Answered . Jail is a distinct possibility. Hard core- that depends. He really needs an attorney to deal with his case and try to minimize the consequences.

ANDREW ROBERTS CRIMINAL AND TRAFFIC TICKET DEFENSE ATTORNEY
  3. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

2

Answered . Your friend has serious problems and needs a good attorney. help him get one, fast. the fact that he pays taxes won't matter. If he didn't pay taxes, that's a separate charge.

4. Nicholas Milan Loncar

Pro

Answered . Your friend needs a good attorney to explore his defenses and potential motion issues. Be very wary of any attorney willing to accept 'shrooms as payment, though. Any time there is a search of someone's home, there might be Fourth Amendment protections that could get the evidence thrown out. Contact some attorneys privately for more information.