If my friend was caught cultivating psychedelic mushrooms in Ca and also had dried shrooms from grow is he going to prison?

Placerville, CA |
Filed under: Criminal defense

My friend got caught growing mushrooms and also weed but he has a script for his weed. They took his plants but found his mushroom lab and dried shrooms. Is he in a lot of trouble? He is a good guy keeps to himself,works has a family pays taxs but we're afraid there going to send him to prison. He had a couple lbs of weed and a couple lbs of shrooms. No cash just his bank accounts. Is he going to be warehoused with all these hard core prisoners?

1. Very likely. A great deal will depend on all of the facts and his attorney. Good luck.

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.

2. Jail is a distinct possibility. Hard core- that depends. He really needs an attorney to deal with his case and try to minimize the consequences.

ANDREW ROBERTS CRIMINAL AND TRAFFIC TICKET DEFENSE ATTORNEY

3. Your friend has serious problems and needs a good attorney. help him get one, fast. the fact that he pays taxes won't matter. If he didn't pay taxes, that's a separate charge.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

4. Your friend needs a good attorney to explore his defenses and potential motion issues. Be very wary of any attorney willing to accept 'shrooms as payment, though. Any time there is a search of someone's home, there might be Fourth Amendment protections that could get the evidence thrown out. Contact some attorneys privately for more information.