If my friend destroyed a hotel room in another state and it was in my name can i be sued.

Fayette, AL |

$76.000 worth of damage

1. Yes. You signed and/or rented the room.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Alabama. Responses are based solely on Alabama law unless stated otherwise.

2. It depends on the details. Did you sign the agreement or make the reservation, or did your friend just use your name? If you signed the agreement, you likely took on the risk of his actions. If not, then they may not be able to hit you for it.

The provided communication is intended to be informational only, and is absolutely not intended to be relied upon without verification by an attorney with an opporunity to review the specific facts and related documentation in full detail. The information provided herein is also not intended and does not create an attorney-client relationship or any legal relationship between the provider and the individual or individuals reading the information. Unless contacted directly, and both parties agree to representation, there is no continuing duty of the attorney to respond to or provide any assistance to any individual regarding this matter.