If my former employer offers a settlement in the form of another job at a much lesser pay, can this effect my unemployment?

Little Elm, TX |

I was laid off last May from an ABC teaching position . I filed and received II . I filed charges against the company with DECO . The former employer has now as a settlement , offered me a job back at a much lesser pay . If I decline this offer will it effect II ?

typo, II is unemploment benifits

I have changed the practice area to employment law. I hope a lawyer who practices that area can answer your question.

This is not legal advice. You should always discuss the specifics of your issue in person with an attorney. Be aware that there are time limits on all claims that depend on the kind of claim, so do not delay in seeking an attorney.

will other lawyers see this and comment or answer? Or do I have to contact someone else?

Richard Kurt Arbuckle

Richard Kurt Arbuckle

Other lawyers will see it.

Is there another site I can post this on? No one ever got back with me or is there someone you could advise I talk with?

Richard Kurt Arbuckle

Richard Kurt Arbuckle

I don't know of other sites. You may need to find a lawyer near your location and see if they know someone who can advise you.

Potentially. Depending on your state law, the refusal of an offer of employment may disqualify you from eligibility for ongoing unemployment benefits.

Please consult your local unemployment office for confirmation.

Please check the law of your state