Skip to main content

If my ex wife doesn't follow to decree of divorce?

Englewood, CO |

We have settled a case a few months ago and one of the settlement was I supposed to listed as a father on the birth certificate and my ex wife supposed to give me copy of the birth certificate and social security card of the child. I made a few attempt to get those from her but she doesn't cooperate with me so What can I do? I am the biological father.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. You can file a Motion for Contempt of Court for the mother's failure to follow through with court orders.

    The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not considered to be legal advice.

  2. A motion for contempt is the means to enforce an order of the Court.

  3. This is one of the relatively few situations where filing a contempt citation is probably the best and most effective step to get what you need.

    You can reach Harkess & Salter LLC by phone or email. Stephen Harkess is an attorney licensed in the state and federal courts of Colorado. This answer is for general information only and does not create an attorney client relationship between Stephen Harkess or Harkess & Salter LLC and any person. You should schedule a consultation with an attorney to discuss the specifics of your legal issues.

Divorce topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics