If my ex is always late with my alimony payments what should I or could I do?

Asked over 1 year ago - Lansdowne, PA

the court orderd a 4,000 dollar amount every month and she has been late every month for the past 6 months

1. Scott L Levine

Answered . The terms of a court Order entered following an equitable distribution trial (or a settlement agreement) usually govern issues such as alimony. Depending on the specifics of your case, you may resolve this issue by presenting a Petition for Special Relief seeking strict performance of the settlement/Order. If you had an attorney during your divorce, they would be in the best position to answer your questions and assist with this matter.