Skip to main content

If my ex-husband remarries, can his new wife's wages be garnished for back child support?

Denver, CO |
Filed under: Child support arrears

He refuses to get a job so his wages aren't garnished.

Attorney Answers 1


No you may not garnish his new wife's income. She is not liable for his child support obligations.

Mark as helpful

3 found this helpful

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics