If my ex has to send my money every month for my health insurance, stated in our agreement. Can he choose to deduct kids charges

He pays me a monthly allowance towards my health ins. We split the co pays and things for our kids..can he just deduct the copays from my health money or should he pay me in full and then I will pay him the half I owe him for the kids.

Hudson, WI -

Find Out More

Attorney Answers (3)

David J. McCormick

David J. McCormick

Personal Injury Lawyer - Milwaukee, WI

What does your divorce decree/order say? This should spell out how this is handles. If it is silent that as long as this is not costing you any additional monies, your “ex” appears to be making things easier on you by cutting down on the back and forth payments by paying you the net amount owed.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being... more
A J. Williams

A J. Williams

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Green Bay, WI

I'd have to agree. As long as it comes out the same in the end, what's the beef. He's paying, something a lot of others aren't doing. He's making it easier for you, something a lot of other aren't doing. Take comfort that you are both taking care of the business of taking care of the kids.

Ryan Michael Davidson

Ryan Michael Davidson

Criminal Defense Attorney - Lancaster, PA

This should be governed by the terms of your support agreement. If it isn't, it needs to be. Consult the attorney that helped you get that agreement in the first place.

This answer does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

Related Topics


Divorce is the process of formally ending a marriage. Divorces may be jointly agreed upon, resolved by negotiation, or decided in court.

Featured Legal Guides

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.