Skip to main content

If my employer is paying for the filing fees and don't want to pay for premium processing,can I pay for that myself?

Oklahoma City, OK |

My employer is paying for filing fees but I am worried it will not be completed in time so I would like to pay for premium processing (h1-B). Can I do that with a money order from my bank?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1



Is this your first H1B case, or a renewal? If it is your first H1B maybe is not necessary to pay the premium processing fee since there are still many H1B applications available. Also, you couldn't start working until October 1st, 2010.

Now, if it is a renewal, all they need is to send it and you can continue working with them waiting for the new I-797A.

Is there a special reason why you need it premium processed? You can always talk to your employer and offer them to pay for the premium processing.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer