If my DUI chargers where dismissed what can do to reinstate mu driver license

Asked over 5 years ago - Hesperia, CA

I have talked to the driver safety in San Bernandino and they send me a form i filled out that was also filled out by the DA and i mail it to headquartes DMV in Sacramento and since i haven't recieved no news i called the driver safety and asked if they have heard anything and now they tell me their is nothing i can do to reinstate my license.

Additional information

My hearing was denied due to the fact that am under age is their any thing else i can do to reinstate my lisence?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Chances are the form was a 702 form (my guess) - which would give you a renewed right to a hearing with the DMV to fight the suspension...assuming it wasn't a refusal case.

    The 702 issue when the DA dismisses is a little complicated...you should contact a local DUI attorney and see if you can get some help. You may have to pay. Just because the DA dismisses, doesn't mean the DMV will. They are 2 separate cases with different rules.

    You need to act quickly - like TODAY! Because the DMV dates are quick and deadly if you miss.

    Good luck with your situation.

    Matthew Williamson

  2. Answered . I agree with Mr. Williamson. I would also like to add that assuming your case is a first time non-refusal DUI, you can always apply for a restricted driver's license 30 days after your suspension begins, as long as you (1) enroll in a 3-month DUI program, (2) obtain an SR-22 from your insurance company and (3) pay $125 reissue fee to the DMV.

  3. Answered . You can always enroll in the AB 541 program and will receive a restricted license after 1 month.

    Edward J. Blum

Related Topics

SR22 license liability insurance

An SR-22 form is a method of proving insurance coverage that is frequently required after a license suspension for DUI or other offenses.

Bart Landon Arnold

What is an SR form in Indiana

The BMV often sends notices to drivers in Indiana requiring the driver to provide information on and SR form. What is this? SR forms are simply forms that provide the BMV with information... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

37,611 answers this week

3,941 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

37,611 answers this week

3,941 attorneys answering