If my DUI chargers where dismissed what can do to reinstate mu driver license

Asked over 5 years ago - Hesperia, CA

I have talked to the driver safety in San Bernandino and they send me a form i filled out that was also filled out by the DA and i mail it to headquartes DMV in Sacramento and since i haven't recieved no news i called the driver safety and asked if they have heard anything and now they tell me their is nothing i can do to reinstate my license.

My hearing was denied due to the fact that am under age is their any thing else i can do to reinstate my lisence?

1. 1

Answered . Chances are the form was a 702 form (my guess) - which would give you a renewed right to a hearing with the DMV to fight the suspension...assuming it wasn't a refusal case.

The 702 issue when the DA dismisses is a little complicated...you should contact a local DUI attorney and see if you can get some help. You may have to pay. Just because the DA dismisses, doesn't mean the DMV will. They are 2 separate cases with different rules.

You need to act quickly - like TODAY! Because the DMV dates are quick and deadly if you miss.

Good luck with your situation.

Matthew Williamson
    www.MontereyDUI.com

2. Answered . I agree with Mr. Williamson. I would also like to add that assuming your case is a first time non-refusal DUI, you can always apply for a restricted driver's license 30 days after your suspension begins, as long as you (1) enroll in a 3-month DUI program, (2) obtain an SR-22 from your insurance company and (3) pay $125 reissue fee to the DMV.

3. Answered . You can always enroll in the AB 541 program and will receive a restricted license after 1 month.

Edward J. Blum