If my current F-1 OPT expire on September 15th, How long can I legally stay in USA? (OPT can not be extended anymore.

San Jose, CA |

And If my wife is applying for an F-1 Visa (COS from F2 to F1), can I apply for F-2 after my F-1 OPT expires?

As you are probably aware, individuals in F-1 status may remain in the U.S. for 60 days following the expiration date of post-completion optional practical training employment authorization.

If your wife currently has an I-539 Application pending requesting a change of status from F-2 to F-1, you should be able to file your own I-539 Application within the grace period and request that it be matched with hers.

As always, please consider consulting with an immigration attorney to review all facts on your case.

This information is provided as a courtesy based upon the limited information provided in your post and does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

2. Has an H-1b been filed for you?

www.immigrate2usa.com

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 www.immigrate2usa.com Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 nfleischer@immigrate2usa.com Enjoy our Blog at http://immigrate2usa.blogspot.com/

3. If no pending change of status or extension then a person is normally permitted to stay 60 days after his/her program of study or OPT ends.