If my child is registered in a public school here. What's Needed in my way of signing my child out even though I didn't

Summerville, SC |

first enrolled them ? Married without a custody order in place. I've contacted the Superintendent of education and they have stone walled me after I've sent them their requests, my confirmation as a parent to my child.
I fear ALL hell will break loose

Unfortunately, without more specific details, there isn't much that I could suggest in terms of a specific course of action to take. I will say this, as a general rule: barring a significant, tangible threat to your child's health, welfare and well-being, do your best not to make kneejerk decisions and take sweeping actions without at least approaching your spouse about same. If there is a mantra when it comes to the Family Court, it is this: people who appear vindictive rarely achieve their goals.

Best thing to do at this point? Consult with a Family Law practitioner in your area. Many provide free consultations, though I am not one of them. Only with details as to the reasons why you would like to make changes to your child's educational path should a plan be developed as to how best to achieve your goals.

In the meantime, think perceptionally. What would an impartial third-party think about what I'm e-mailing to my spouse? what I'm doing with regard to my child's education?

Good luck to you!

This response is for informational purposes and is not intended to convey detailed legal advice on any specific issue or issues. Neither the creation of this response nor the review thereof is intended to create an attorney-client relationship. The attorneys of Lowcountry Divorce & Family Law, LLC practice law only in South Carolina, and do not seek to represent anyone in any other jurisdiction where this site does not comply with applicable laws and bar rules. Readers should not act upon the information contained in this site or the linked sites without first seeking the advice of an attorney licensed to practice in your area. Further, any attempt at humor is not designed to offend or diminish the grave importance of matters incidental to domestic litigation, but rather is intended to break up the monotony of such issues and remind those facing them that life will go on, that their struggles will pass, and that they will eventually smile and laugh again.