If my case was dismissed question???

Asked almost 2 years ago - Beaumont, TX

If my case was dismissed how long does it take for me to be able to file a expunged to release this off my record so Ican get a government job.

1. Richard Timothy Jones

8

Answered . Two years before a misdemeanor can be expunged and five years for a felony.
    www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com
    512-495-1813
    Expungements
    Austin Jail Release and Bond Assistance
    Austin Probation Lawyer

2. Allecia Lindsey-Pottinger

6

Answered . It will depend on why your case was dismissed. There are different rules to get a case expunged or non-disclosed. You should speak to a criminal defense attorney about your case.

3. Sagi Shaked

Pro

7

Answered . This question should be directed to a criminal defense attorney.

4. Robert Bruce Kopelson

7

Answered . Im moving this to criminal law heading.

5. M Elizabeth Gunn

4

Answered . In some cases, you can obtain an expunction immediately. More often, you'll have to wait out the statute of limitations on the offense, which is two years on all misdemeanors, and at least three years on felonies (sometimes longer, depends on the offense). I have a lot of experince with expunctions, and you're welcome to contact me for more specific information--I know my answer seems vague, but there are too many unknown variables here to answer your question with the detail I think you're probably looking for.