If my case is dismissed, via plea bargin can the prosecuter still make me pay for the court appointed attorney fees?

Asked about 2 years ago - Norton, KS

I am fighting a ticket that I had gotten, due to an unattended fire, my fiance testified that I had nothing to do with the fire, now they are offering me a plea bargin that the charges will be dismissed off me, and put on my fiance, and if he pleads to it then he wil not go to jail, or lose his hunting and fishing rights. If I do not accept the plea I am scared they will give him the maximum penalties. I also have to pay the court appointed attorney fees, but if my case is dismissed can they do that

1. Charles K. Kenyon Jr.

2

Answered . You got the benefit of having that lawyer. Without those services, you might be facing conviction. Your fiance is also getting the benefit of those services, it sounds like.

Is there something unfair about you having to pay something?