If my boyfriend wants to sign the AOP for my daughter can he do this, even though he isnt the biological father?

Mesquite, TX |

Her biological father has given me permission to have this done, he wants no involvment or rights concerning her, I would also like to know where I can get this done.

You want someone to knowingly help you falsify an official government document?? That won't happen. Signing an Acknowledgement of paternity creates a parent child relationship and obligates the signer to pay child support when ordered by a court.

I am not intending this to be legal advice, because I don't know the particulars of your situation. Call me if you would like to discuss this or other isues.

I'm lost how is this falsifying the document? He wants to fully obtain the parental rights as her father. No one has signed the AOP as her father.

William Tyler Moore Jr

William Tyler Moore Jr

This is not the way to obtain parental rights. An acknowledgement of paternity is just that -- an acknowledgement that he is the biological father of the child. He is not.

How do we go about getting him the parental rights

William Tyler Moore Jr

William Tyler Moore Jr

termination of the natural father's rights after birth and step-parent adoption. I think it would be much easier if you and your boyfriend were married.

Child adoption topics