If my bank account was levied by the FTB, how do I get the money back? Thank you.

Asked almost 3 years ago - Long Beach, CA

I owe back income taxes to the FTB. My bank account was levied today by FTB. How do I get the money back? I only make $45,000 per year. Thank you again.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Phillip Monroe Smith

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You have not indicated the type of tax or the amount you owe. It it unrealistic to believe you will get our money back if you owe back taxes. Seek professional help or you may continue to be levied.

    THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE. They are provided for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can... more
  2. Pamela Koslyn

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with my colleague and don't see why you'd think you'd be able to get the money back. If there's anyone you can't get away with not paying, it's the the federal and state tax authorities.

    Avvo doesn't pay us for these responses, and I'm not your lawyer just because I answer this question or respond to... more
  3. Frank Wei-Hong Chen

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If you owe back state income taxes, you would not be able to get this money back. It belongs to the state.

    The information presented here is general in nature and is not intended, nor should be construed, as legal advice.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,375 answers this week

3,283 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,375 answers this week

3,283 attorneys answering