If my bank account was levied by the FTB, how do I get the money back? Thank you.

Asked almost 3 years ago - Long Beach, CA

I owe back income taxes to the FTB. My bank account was levied today by FTB. How do I get the money back? I only make $45,000 per year. Thank you again.

1. Phillip Monroe Smith

6

Answered . You have not indicated the type of tax or the amount you owe. It it unrealistic to believe you will get our money back if you owe back taxes. Seek professional help or you may continue to be levied.

2. Pamela Koslyn

5

Answered . I agree with my colleague and don't see why you'd think you'd be able to get the money back. If there's anyone you can't get away with not paying, it's the the federal and state tax authorities.

3. Frank Wei-Hong Chen

4

Answered . If you owe back state income taxes, you would not be able to get this money back. It belongs to the state.