If my aunt is of sound mind can she check herself out of a nursing home in Missouri?

Asked over 1 year ago - Kennett, MO

She is deaf and we don't want her in a nursing home where she has no communication

1. 5

Answered . Yes, but is that really what is in her best interests in the long run would be my question....

2. 4

Answered . Not enough facts to be able to identify all issues/provide a complete answer. Best to check with an elder law attorney in MO.

3. 4

Answered . Absolutely she can check herself out whenever she wants.

4. 4

Answered . Basically the answer is yes. A patient of sound mind has control over her medical making decisions and care

5. 3

Answered . If she has no competency issues then yes!

6. 2

Answered . If she is sound mind, then yes, she can check herself out. If you are uncertain, check with an elder law attorney.