If my I-20 and SEVIS canceled and I left US to my country, then I got new I-20, do I need to apply for new visa or my F1 visa

Falls Church, VA |

If my I-20 and SEVIS canceled and I left US to my country, then I got new I-20, do I need to apply for new visa or my F1 visa still valid? The duration is less 5 months. (45 days)

Check with the school as you may need to pay a new SEVIS fee. You should not need a new visa if time left on the last visa or duration of Stay. You will present the I-20 at Port of Entry but you may need proof that SEVIS fee was paid.

--
    Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
    Concentrating in Immigration Law

2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
    San Diego, CA 92108 | (619) 299-9600
    Fax: (619) 923-3277
    website: www.immigrateme.com

Former Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
    University of Illinois College of Law

2. You should apply for a new visa.

Contact: 860-548-2629 or dbucin@uks.com. This answer is provided for general education purposes only and is not intended to provide, nor does it provide, any legal advice.   By viewing this answer you understand and expressly agree that there is no attorney-client relationship between you and the attorney who authored the answer.  Should you need legal advice, please contact a licensed attorney who practices in this area.  Readers of this answer and the information contained herein should not act upon any information contained in this answer without seeking legal counsel.

3. Yes, you should apply for a new visa.

Law Office of Marc Taylor, Esq. PC, www.usavisanow.com, 888-645-6272, info@usavisanow.com , 224 W. 4th Street, Suite 200, New York, NY 10014 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Education law topics