If me and the kids father were never married what kind of rights dose he have?

West Plains, MO |

the kids father and i have been off and on for 8 years..we dont get alone well and he finly was asked to not live with me any more...and shows up when ever he feels like to see his kids. he has been asked to watch them well i go to work but thow he is here he dose to watch them he dosen't seem to care what there doing as long as there not buging him...i pay all the bills and have the job cause he can't get one..he gets only an ssa check. for biypoler.

1. In the State of Missouri a father does not have any legal custody rights to his children until it is established through a court order. A DNA test, a paternity affidavit, nor a child support order can change that. In Missouri in a paternity a Mother is assumed to have sole legal and physical custody of the child with all visitation time. That means the Mother can move anywhere at any time and does not have to noify Father. It sounds like you need to establish that he is legally Father, set up some custody time and settle all financial issues between the two of you. All of that can be done through a paternity action. I would advise you to seek the advise of an attorney to get started.

Child custody topics